Hey Craft! 2021 Labelling Me (Identity) Workshop with Alison Moger
As part of the three day Crafts Council Hey Craft! weekend we have two fabulous online workshops for you to sign up to, delivered by members of the Makers Guild Wales.
The first is Labelling Me (Identity) workshop with Alison Moger
Sunday 16th May, 11:30am for 40mins.
The workshop will be a mixed media workshop using found paper images, vintage post stamps, textiles, hand stitching and flora and fauna and will be suitable for all ages.
We will be exploring identity and the environment by placing objects we are naturally drawn to through colour and texture and how we see ourselves, onto luggage labels that can then be used as a brooch or small wall hanging.
Equipment and materials you will need for the activity:
- Mixed sizes and coloured luggage labels of your choice. You can buy these ready cut or pre-cut your own.
- Needles and a tool to make small holes
- Threads silk, cotton or wool
- Mixed papers patterns, text, music sheets, postage stamps
- Glue to attach items of you decide not to use stitch
- Decoupage type varnish if you want a glossy finish but not essential