HEY CRAFT! 2021 Creating a Concertina Sketchbook with Sasha Kingston
As part of the Crafts Council national Hey Craft 2021 events we are delighted to offer two online free craft workshops led by our guild members. The first is this wonderful opportunity to create a concertina mini-book.
Friday 14th May, 11:30am for 45mins. Zoom event.
The workshop will consist of experimenting with mark making within drawing using inks and mono-printing. You will create a series of small pieces which will be displayed individually in your concertina book. By using natural forms as inspiration such as flowers, seed heads, shells and plants you will create various surface patterns on a selection of papers using the media listed below. This workshop will be suitable for 11yrs upwards.
Sasha Kingston is an artist based in South Wales. She graduated from the Royal College of Art in London and has continued to develop and be inspired by the drawn mark within paper and print which has developed into her Art pieces.
Equipment and materials you will need for the activity:
- A strip of card for the cover of your Concertina book- any length and size you choose. Will need a ruler and pencil to measure the pages at equal distances between each fold to create a zigzag. This can be made before the workshop activity.
- Materials needed – Drawing Media.
- An assortment of pencils, pens, brushes, inks, oil pastels.
- A variety of Papers such as recycled paper, newspaper, kitchen towel, photocopy paper, envelopes etc.
- Printing materials
- An assortment of threads, feathers etc
- Printing ink or inks/paint would be fine such as acrylics/poster paint
- Rolling pin/ printing roller.
- Palette or smooth surface to work on
- Glue stick